Monday, April 28, 2008

Who We Really Are


For those of you who have been watching the news and may have wondered....

Some Mormon women dance...










Some Mormon women write scary stories...














Some Mormon women have lots of money and really great hair...











I know hundreds of Mormon women.
They do all kinds of different things and live all different kinds of lives.

This woman served as a leader in the Mormon church. She recently spoke to teenage girls worldwide.

She encouraged them to stand up to peer pressure, strengthen their families and serve others. (Click here for more.)










None of the Mormon women I know look like this...











None of them are marrying off their teenage daughters and -- none of them really want to share their husband with anyone.

Furthermore...
Some Mormon guys can throw a ball...










Some Mormon guys yell at the ball...














Some Mormon guys make scary movies...














Some Mormon guys have a lot of money and really great hair...













I know hundreds of Mormon guys. They do all kinds of different things and live all kinds of different lives.
This is one of the leaders of the Mormon church. Last Sunday he spoke about honoring women, especially mothers,
and gave advice to husbands and children about how to treat the women in their lives. (For the whole story, click here.)










None of the Mormon men I know look like this...













The Mormon men I know are honest and hard-working. They don't cheat, smoke, drink or gamble.

And TRUST ME....the last thing any of them want is another wife.

8 comments:

Jenni said...

Well written! I love this post. My brother will be serving in your mission sometime soon! He goes into the MTC May 28th. It sounds/looks like he will be in great hands. I have enjoyed seeing pictures of the area on your blog. Thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

That was perfect!

Kira said...

I absolutely LOVE it! I missed you guys at Women's Conference this year. There was entirely too little talk of shoes...

Drew said...

Thank you. Very well put. I hope all is well with you and Pres Slovacek. I can only imagine what an amazing mission president (and mission mommy) you guys are. I can honestly say that I learned so much working with Pres Slovacek in the Brandon Stake, that your missionaries are more blessed than they could ever understand.

-Drew Glass

Unknown said...

I love reading about your mission - fantastic! This is a great post. Hope all is well with you!

johanson family said...

brilliant! i miss and love you guys. i love keeping up on you with your blog. you guys are amazing and i can only imagine how blessed your mission is to have you.

Jon said...

amen to that. I have seen way too many people demonstrating ignorance around this.

Anonymous said...

that was a great post! it really does show who we are. I have a friend serving there in that mission and it's good to see a little bit about where they are. and what kind of people they are able to touch by the spirit and power of our heavenly father. =)