Sunday, September 23, 2007


The members of the church in Ostrava loved it when they saw us get dirty during their work project. We loved it, too. No white shirt and tie for a few hours! No pantyhose and heels! Who wouldn't be happy to put on a favorite Yellowstone sweatshirt and jeans and get into some errant shrubbery? (Shrubbery reminds me of Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail. "NO! I will not give you a shrubbery! You already have a shrubbery!")




After our trip to Slovakia, we stopped off at Ostrava to help with a work project. Here I am with some new found friends. The lady to my left can't speak a word of English, but she told me in Czech that as soon as her leg heals--I'm not sure what that has to do with anything--she is going to knit me a wool sweater. She is as sweet as they come!




(Sigh) Again we said goodbye to our fine missionaries. They are so good! It's hard to see them go home. But the day before, we welcomed in 11 new missionaries, so the work continues. And the Lord continues to bless us with the finest missionaries the church has to offer.

0 comments: