Sunday, April 4, 2010

Saying Good Bye to Winter








It was getting to the point that I never thought this day would come--saying goodbye to winter. Finally I feel safe in putting away the winter clothes. I can polish my boots and put them away, or give them away. (Who wears winter boots in Florida?) Here are some winter scenes from January.




You might think we took these in black and white--but no we did not. The day was really that dark and gray. Actually, it was very scenic in an austere kind of way. It made us pensive as we drove this dreary wonderland with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing "I'll go where you want me to go" on the CD player. And then, a couple of weeks ago, the sun came out. HELLO sunshine! It's so good to see you!




3 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

Amen! Now I can't wait to see everything in bloom. It's so beautiful when all the trees blossom and the flowers come out.

Kirs:) said...

These are so beautiful! I am sure you will miss the beauty of winter next season:):) Can't wait to have you home soon:):)

Melissa said...

You would be surprised at the winter boots I have seen here this year! Come back and sneeze along with me! LOL