Wednesday, January 20, 2010

St. Mikulas Cathedral Concert

It really was a dream come true! The Czech Prague Mission Choir was able to perform a Christmas concert on December 14th in a beautiful cathedral in Old Towne. (The cathedral is in the background.) The little red roofed huts are the Christmas markets they put up every year.


A few missionaries were contacting on the Namesti while we were performing. This is Elder Grimshaw and Elder Roubicek in front of the cathedral with our streetboard.


We concluded the concert by singing "I Believe in Christ" in Czech. (I had a video of it but no one could bring it up. I'll try putting it back on later.)



This is me in front of the poster the cathedral used for advertising our concert. It was a free concert and open to the public. We had a crowd there! It was a wonderful experience.

6 comments:

Kira said...

Oh my word! I honestly can not picture a more gorgeous setting!! Zoie said, "Its just so beautiful!" We weren't able to access the video, but I LOVE the pictures.

Melissa said...

Wow, I agree with Kira! Truly breathtaking.

April Rebecca said...

I love your blog! Its been so long since I have looked at it. You must have it made in to a book when you finish your mission. Liz does that every year with her blog. The pictures are gorgeous. The concert looks like it was a marvelous success. At first I thought you were charging $14.00 Ha. I am so jealous of Matthew in Paris. It is supposed to be April in Paris!!!
I am so happy for this blessing in your lives to be in a most beautiful place. Thank you for your service to our Heavenly Father. I love you
April

Sally-Ann said...

Beautiful cathedral and what a wonderful way to share the gospel!

Dawne said...

Marv and Ellen - Wow - it's been a long time since we checked your blog. What a beautiful way to share the gospel! We are planning a trip to Europe in July with a stopping point in Prague. Let us know if you will still be there. If not, we're also planning a few trips to Florida this year, too. Make sure you let us know where you are - and congratulations on another grandbaby. Brian and Vanessa finally blessed us with a grandson in Dec 2007. Love, Dawne and Bob Skinner

Dawne said...

Just confirmed our trip - 05/27 - 06/07. Should be in Prague on May 30-31. Would love to see you! Love, Dawne & Bob (dawne@the-webweaver.com)