Friday, February 27, 2009

Mission Song

Our mission is fortunate to have some very talented musicians. When Elder Tanner arrived last year, we knew it was time to create a mission song. He and I sat down at the piano and pounded out a few notes. Then we got a notebook and wrote the lyrics. Elder Tanner then input our notes (mostly his) and lyrics (mostly mine) in a computer program. The result is a stirring rendition of this song at every zone conference. Every time I hear it, I think of us at the piano debating over past martyrs and whether it should be near and far, or far and near. (He won. He said most of us come from far, then near. I couldn't argue with that logic.) Thank you , Elder Tanner. You have left an indelible impression on the Czech Prague Mission for many years to come!



6 comments:

Melissa said...

What a wonderful song! Kudo's to you and Elder Tanner! You continue to amaze us Sister Slovacek!

Becky said...

This is so cool. I can just imagine all your missionaries singing it together. What a great sight that must be :)

Jen said...

So cool! I seem to recall you and I creating a rap (about youth conference maybe?). Although it wasn't quite as impressive as this mission song, it DID include an awesome beatbox solo. Just sayin...

Sally-Ann said...

It is so wonderful to have a mission song. Jim and I still remember the Australia Perth Mission song and sing its refrains on occassion! Much to the dismay of our kids!
I like yours very much!

Susan said...

I was so thrilled to see you have a mission song. What an awesome sight it must be at zone conference when all of the Elders come together and sing. Thanks for your service.

Susan Nowland - Mom of Missionary said...

Thank you for posting the mission song. I love it. Now I would for one of those smart Elders to find a way to post the missionaries singing the song on a voice file for all us moms to listen to. Now that would be cool. You both are the absolute best mission president and wife - our son loves you both. And same for his parents. Thanks you so much,
Jeff and Susan Nowland