Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Baptism in Trencin, Slovakia



While on our usual round of zone conferences, Elder Van de Graaf baptized a semi-professional soccer player named Roman in a river that runs below the Trencin castle. It was a picture perfect day in Trencin. They say the water was a little chilly, but there was a warm spirit in that grove of trees, as a few of the elders in Slovakia sang a hymn before the baptism.







You can see the Trencin castle on the hill in the background. Roman's baptism was one of my most memorable experiences on my mission so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures. I got tears in my eyes just looking at them. I can't image how awesome it was to be there. Thanks for posting them. I also love the ones of the Elders singing (I guess the fact that one of them is my son makes me really like them)
Jodi Wade

Heidi Lyn said...

How beautiful! Dad, it reminds me of you baptising Daniella and Marianna in the mountains of Bulgaria at the end of my mission.