Saturday, October 6, 2007

More Service Projects!!



Brush clean up in Zilina.


We had a huge bonfire going in Zilina. As soon as we got it going, I was sorry we didn't have marshmallows to roast; but I guess that would've interferred with the service project...still...hot dogs would've been fun, too.


Elder Baughman and Elder Auger are cleaning blankets at the homeless shelter in Trencin.




Nature trail clean up in Banska Bystrice. Elder Van de Graff found a shoe. I was jealous! But later, Matt and I found a pair of jeans and a belt. Who loses a pair of jeans in a park??


Homeless shelter clean up in Trencin.



Evidently, Slovaks are proud of their uprising history. We found this place in Banska Bystrice.



Our nature trail clean up crew. The funny little man in the middle asked me to take a break and go get a drink with him. When I politely refused, he told me that he would pay. I could tell he already had a few drinks that morning. It scared me when he told me that he was a blood donor. Mental note: Do Not Accept Blood in Banska!






3 comments:

Kira said...

You were just looking for an excuse to wear jeans! (not that I blame you). By the way, how did you get Matt to do yard work? Next time a weird little man offers to get you a drink, send him for three diet cokes then send him on his way.

Anonymous said...

My friend, Ellen- always a hit with the fellas!
Love, Jen

Anonymous said...

My friend Ellen- always a hit with the fellas!
Love, Jen